Sunday, June 26, 2011

4th July Paul & Pauline with Pat & Laurie






Gemma was a bit slow starting today so we just took our time over breakfast and getting ready for our day. We were even further delayed by losing our keys which took almost 30 minuets to find. I made use of the delay to book our accommodation for the rest of the UK leg of the holiday.


Then across to the P's first. An easy drive as not much seems to have changed from my time here. Snarled at the BT research labs as I went past. Lol. Paul and Pauline are still in the same house and he is also driving the same car as I have for this trip! I suspect his really has a turbo though. I later discovered that this golf diesel normally comes with a turbo so I wonder where mine has gone? Perhaps somebody has nicked it!


We spent some time catching up with things the picture is of a quilt that Cathy sent to them when Clair was born. She is now 13 and was just going out to some function when we got there.







After a couple of hours it was time to head to the Maybush pub at Waldringfield for lunch with Pat and Laurie. I had not met Pat before and Laurie seemed even thinner than I remembered him. Had a nice lunch by the river, Laurie paid which I had not expected which was a nice surprise. We hung around for another 2 hours drinking good beer and eating the good food. Another semi retired pair. Can't help but feel that I am doing something wrong. Why am I still working?








Then it was back to Bury St Edmonds(BSE) to the cloths museum. We spent a long time driving round and round BSE looking for it. I got to know the road system for the centre of BSE very well. In the end we found out it had shut several years earlier.


Topped up with diesel for the first time this trip. We seem to have been able to travel a long way on one tank. Only 60UKP to top up. Actually doing it was a laugh. I could not find the car release lever? We searched and searched but there was just no release, Gemma suggested asking another golf owner where it was but there were none around. We had been looking over 10 mins by now and I was just going to ask in the shop when I had an idea and just flicked the cover. It opened ! It did not have a lock! In NZ every car comes with a locking petrol cap, if it did not you would not have any petrol left after a visit to the supermarket!


After all that stress it was back to the Inn for a walk some beer and dinner. Tomorrow it's goodbye to Suffolk.





No comments: