Saturday, August 07, 2010

20 June 2010 -Auckland Airport International Departures

04:30 Pickup. Why do airlines do this to us, its just to early! The taxi ride did not really wake me up so I am sitting here wondering what I left behind in my stupor. Seems I have my passports, my money and tickets and I am wearing pants so everything on first evaluation looks good.

I decided to buy myself one of those blowup pillows for the trip. I did not realise that it would be such a job! The are a dozen styles, how do you tell them apart. Why do vendors hide their special offers? I select a pillow and go to the desk to purchase it, after I have paid for it I also get handed a sleep mask. “But I did not pay for that” I protest, “But its a special offer, but that type of pillow get a free mask” claims sales chick. Thats find with me but as the offer is not displayed anywhere I can't see the reason for the offer from the vendors point of view.

Decided to have First Breakfast. Purchased it from the food court on the top floor. Soggy bacon, no Jam hope things get better than this.

From comments from the front line

Off on time, Cathy Pacific flight CX118 seat 70C @0730.

Cathy did not seem as polished service wise as they have in the past. I was near one of the toilets which made access easy but but a bit noisy. This flight was on an Airbus A340.



Time to sleep – Tomorrow will be Hong Kong and adventure time!

No comments: